Chicago Immigration Attorney for Student Visas
If you are seeking a student visa, or have questions or concerns regarding a student visa that has already been issued, contact a Chicago immigration lawyer for experienced assistance. There are two types of visas available to foreign students wishing to study in the U.S., the “F” visa for academic studies and the “M” visa for vocational studies. A person from any country can apply for a student visa. At William Newell Siebert, P.C. we are committed to providing experienced counsel to clients in Chicago and throughout Cicero, Oak Park and Berwyn in all types of visa applications and proceedings, including student visas.
Qualifying for a Student Visa in Chicago
Will you qualify for a student visa? This is a question best answered by an experienced Chicago, Illinois immigration lawyer at William Newell Siebert, P.C.. You may be able to obtain a student visa if:
- You wish to enroll in an educational program which is not vocational in nature
- The educational institution you wish to attend is approved by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service
- You will enroll as a full-time student
- You are already fluent in English, or are enrolled in an English language course
- You can show that you have sufficient funds available to support your throughout the intended length of your stay
- You can prove you have no intention of giving up your permanent residency in your home country
Obtain a Student Visa with a Chicago Attorney from William Newell Siebert, P.C.
Looking for more information about obtaining a student visa? At our Chicago, Illinois immigration firm, we can offer you the guidance you need. A foreign student who receives an F or M student visa is allowed under certain circumstances to work while they are in this country. The type of work that is permitted is typically campus-related employment. A non-U.S. citizen already in this country under another type of visa, is also allowed to apply for a status change to a student.
The student visa process can be confusing and result in an application denial if you are not familiar with the laws and procedures involved in applying for a study permit. A Chicago immigration lawyer at our firm can skillfully guide you through application process and help you achieve your educational goals.
Contact a Chicago student visa attorney from William Newell Siebert, P.C. for reliable legal advice regarding student visas and help with the application process.