(888) 576-7308
(312) 329-0646
Instantly connect to William Newell Siebert, P.C. Contact an Immigration Lawyer in Chicago Case Evaluation
Chicago Immigration
Green Cards
Green Card Lottery
Green Card by Marriage
Green Card through Investment
Green Card through Family
Immigration Appeal
Labor Certification
Student Visa
Work Visa
J-1 Visa
Fiance Visa
E1 & E2 Investor Visa
EB-5 Visa
Temporary Work Visa
L-1 Visa
Office Address:
307 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 924
Chicago, IL 60601

New Clients Only:
(888) 576-7308

Investor Visa Attorney in Chicago

Applying for an E1 or E2 Investor Visa in Chicago

As a foreign investor, you may experience a number of benefits from involving an immigration lawyer at our law firm in Chicago, Illinois to help you apply for a visa. There are two primary types of investor visas. the E-1 visa is also known as a Treaty Trader visa and the E-2 is a Treaty Investor visa. These allow certain individuals to enter the United States for the purpose of carrying on substantial trade, or developing or directing an enterprise in which the individual has or is investing substantial capital. The individual must be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation. A Chicago immigration attorney at our firm can offer you helpful guidance and information regarding these types of visas.

E1 and E2 visas are typically for senior managers and executives, however they can also be granted for “skilled/specialist workers.” To secure visas for such workers, you need to prove that a U.S. citizen can’t do the job, that the foreign worker’s skills are absolutely essential to the projects being managed and that a U.S. worker will be trained in the same position in order to eventually replace the foreign national applying for the visa. A Chicago immigration lawyer at William Newell Siebert, P.C. can help you better understand which type of visa may apply to you.

The E1 “Treaty Trader” visa applies to individuals engaged in large-scale international trade with the United States. These trade deals must comprise at least half of their business, and must be of significant enough quantity to require the individual to be in the U.S. to manage them.

The E2 “Treaty Investor” visa applies to foreign workers from countries that have significant investments in the United States. The investment must revolve around an actual business, not just buying stocks or properties. The investments must justify the foreign national needing to be in the U.S. to help manage the business or businesses.

To discuss your options in obtaining an investor visa with the help of our Chicago, Illinois law firm, you can call us at (888) 576-7308 if you are a new client or (312) 329-0646 if you are an existing client. We are standing by to see how we can help.

Applying for an investor visa is an often complex process. At William Newell Siebert, P.C. our team is ready to properly file your application and protect your rights through the process to help you seek a swift and advantageous outcome. Our firm is located in Chicago and we serve Cicero, Oak Park and Berwyn throughout Illinois and help clients worldwide. For all of your immigration law needs, our Chicago firm is here to help.

Contact a Chicago investor visa attorney for legal assistance if you wish to enter the United States for the purposes of trade or investment.

Contact Us
Contact Us
Talk to an immigration lawyer in  Chicago!
Free Consultation
Contact an Immigration Attorney in Chicago, Illinois, 60601
Directions to William Newell Siebert, P.C.