(888) 576-7308
(312) 329-0646
Instantly connect to William Newell Siebert, P.C. Contact an Immigration Lawyer in Chicago Case Evaluation
Chicago Immigration
Green Cards
Green Card Lottery
Green Card by Marriage
Green Card through Investment
Green Card through Family
Immigration Appeal
Labor Certification
Student Visa
Work Visa
J-1 Visa
Fiance Visa
E1 & E2 Investor Visa
EB-5 Visa
Temporary Work Visa
L-1 Visa
Office Address:
307 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 924
Chicago, IL 60601

New Clients Only:
(888) 576-7308

Immigration Law FAQ

Immigration law is confusing and complex; however, it is vastly important that you stay informed and educated regarding the issues. If you have questions, it is highly encouraged that you read some of the most frequently asked questions that are answered below before seeking advice and support from a tenacious Chicago immigration attorney.

  • What should I do if I need to enter into the country to marry my spouse?
    • If you are seeking to enter into the United States so that you can marry, you will need to seek a K-1 fiancé visa. After you are married, however, you will need to file for an Adjustment of Status so that you can obtain status as a permanent resident.
  • I am looking to adopt a foreign child – how can I make the process as fast as possible?
    • For those who are looking into adoption, but have yet to identify the child that they are interested in adopting, it is recommended that they file an Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition. This will allow for the portion relating to the approval of the parents to have been completed by the time the child is chosen so that the adoption process can be expedited.
  • What is an Adjustment of Status?
    • An Adjustment of Status is a process in which a foreign national can file in an attempt to change from a temporary resident to a permanent immigrant.
  • What is an Extension of Stay? Am I eligible?
    • An Extension of Stay is precisely what it sounds like: it is the permission to stay in the country beyond the original terms of a nonimmigrant visa. If you are lawfully within the country with a valid nonimmigrant visa and have not been criminally charged within your stay, you are eligible to apply for an Extension of Stay. It is recommended that you apply well before the expiration of your visa to ensure that process proceeds smoothly.

Still have questions? Don’t wait! The sooner that you call a knowledgeable Chicago immigration lawyer, the sooner you can get the answers that you deserve. If you are a new client of the firm, please dial (888) 576-7308. If you are a returning client, please call (312) 329-0646.

Contact Us
Contact Us
Talk to an immigration lawyer in  Chicago!
Free Consultation
Contact an Immigration Attorney in Chicago, Illinois, 60601
Directions to William Newell Siebert, P.C.